Wednesday, March 4, 2009

dreamt oatmeal and woke up tired


...but no one ever said growing a baby was easy. I've pulled over into the exhausted lane of life, happily, and figure it's a prelude for the next eight years of life with boy. My obsession with all things food continues..as I type I am dreaming of the oatmeal and how yummy it will taste, picturing what is exactly in my frig now and looking forward to my morning scramled egg whites, grapefruit and toast with oj.


My daughter continues to lift up my superwoman cape for me when I am more content to shove it in the back of the closet, she hugs me and her baby brother more than usual, talks into my belly button and tells me what a great momma I am..


and I can't help but remembering the joy I felt when I first saw her face, how instantly i understood what uncondtional love was staring into her eyes..how in that split second how I wanted to be better and more....
I would rather walk blind with faith than eyes wide open with fear...I figure if I'm not a little scared, I'm not really human...


just makes me a parent...this is one of my favorite pictures of my dad and my brother..just because..

No comments: