Tuesday, March 11, 2008

being single is safe..

is the conclusion i came to about twenty minutes ago. My friends tell me that I find something wrong with men in order to remain a small self sufficient country. I have always scoffed at that idea, because I truly didn't believe it. Instead my rationale was that I wouldn't settle in order to be coupled up. Ugh. Duet for the sake of it. Yuk. I love the comfort of crawling in bed beside a man, love the " love you" at the end of a convo.. Having a man that will walk past your bad mood and kiss your lips, is a good thing. Even better the man that sees you, I mean really sees you. .. Yes to all of the above and more..

but while that love can be as good as advance notice on a sale, it can also swoop in like that crazy dude in Batman..and fly out with your heart, your soul and the hope you had that love could work for you.

I am a solutions girl. I haven't mastered the art of tact yet. If it's raining, get an umbrella. If he hurt you, leave his ass. Love happens to be a blackjack table stacked heavily against hitting the jackpot. Too many options, weak men, sorry women, and a myriad of other reasons make love the last guy picked for the team.

Pick a threesome. Pick daisies. But Love? nope.

Sadly I have an almost impeccable bullshit meter... even before it's a fully formulated thought..
i feel it, and bounce to new territories. or more likely...my apartment aka my cave.

i just stopped to refill my glass of yellow tail cab. my emotions flow better with vino..

so like i was saying...here's the bottom line... While i see the worth in therapy, I prefer shoes, so my issues I work out myself... writing that sounds a tad stupid, but hey, it's my reality...

I run when I should stay. When I need love the most, I turn off my phone.

I met this great guy, and so far, he has me thinking about taking off my Nike's...

and

hanging close to love.

imagine that...stay tuned..
nai

No comments: