Saturday, March 1, 2008

overacheiving or underliving?

I would like to think that I can be satisfied..I can push away from the table before my stomach hurts, only a handful of times have I not known when to say when with the tequila, and no one that knows me well would call me a thrill seeker..unless the topic is men. The concept of everlasting soul mate love is believable to me in theory, and in practice with two couples that I know of for sure...I love the very idea ...which has me wondering, if internally i see marriage and forever the same way I see my washer when it's stuck on the spin cycle....
annoying, but inevitable?
While I have prayed a good Catholic prayer begging for this one then that one to be the one...I am happy to admit God chose to ignore those cries in their entirety...
I want the va and the voom..not a choice..you know what i am talking about too...the couple at dinner that barely responds to each other, eating with their eyes down,their minds jogging back or racing thru time...hearts stuck at that table...because of duty...
of course that isn't every couple...but damn it appears to be a few for sure..
it's Saturday night, and I am blogging. dating for a free meal isn't needed, and my security level is high enough that just because they ask, doesn't mean I will say yes...
i have so many adventures to partake solo..or with my girlfriends...
the pressure, silent pressure to find him, have the babies, the fence and dare i say a dog...
resonate even in this town of debauchery...
however..i will hang my hat on the old adage..you will know it when it's right...
until then i need to get back to my overachieving..
nai

No comments: