Monday, March 17, 2008

it is what it is.

I have few fears. The ones I do have are centered around being a bore, and being afraid of life. I moved six times to four different states in two years. Because I felt like it. I've had sex on the first date, and waited six months before a kiss. I know that one day I will be that old lady in the grocery store, lipstick a shade too red, age spots on my hands, wrinkled neck..and I hope that when that is me, I can laugh, and tell someone, anyone about those months I worked as a stripper rather than collect a dime of welfare, seeing the man I love waiting for me on a moped with the sun setting in Santorini, selling my script in Los Angeles, horseback riding in Mexico, girl fests at happy hours, believing in the i love you every time i said it..
I know one day I will fall so hard that I pinch myself. I never want to get mad that I try to live, and I always want to take an extra step to feel..the messed up part of that is ...
you hurt a lot more too..but I am the original all or nothing chick..I am loved or hated...I hold on to those kisses that were soo good and
the ever wonderful phone call where you realize HE GETS ME!!!!..
I love love too much to be a bystander...
I wish I was built to have the 2.5 kids, the white picket fence and the 20 plus years at the same company and a nice 401k..
but that life while great for some..
would kill me
I am ruled by my passions as Liz Taylor put it..
i welcome the ache..
because
i always know
ecstasy isn't far behind...
...........................................................two of two..

1 comment:

Teej said...

I definitely get this!